Verizon Shut off my internal WIFI on my own router? Says they own it and need to pay.
C972

I recieveed a notice regarding an outstanding payment, so services were suspended. However, I am using my own router with my home network i created and when I select my network on my ipad, it force takes me to a verzion page to login to my account and pay. (this happened after i rebooted my ipad)

I am not trying to use the net, i am trying to access my local home network and i cant. The tech says because I need to pay. I said I own my devices,  and if i want to connect to them locally, in my private network i should be able to. Such as transferring a file from one machine to the other or accessing my home server while at home. She said no thats not how it works. the only way for me to use my own router is to pay my bill.

has anyone had this happen to them? I tried to explain to the tech of what a private network is and what service they are providing and I am paying for. They seem not to understand. She is saying wifi is the internet and they own it and thats the service they are giving me.

can anyone help me or explain to them what is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Shut off my internal WIFI on my own router? Says they own it and need to pay.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately. 

0 Likes