Verizon Surreptitious Phase-Out of DSL
thelawstudent

Ever since Verizon has began offering FiOS in my community, my DSL internet service has been inadequate. When I attempt to log on to the internet I receive a message stating "Connection timeout." In response to my service needs I have been solicited at my door and over the phone to upgrade to FiOS service. I call Verizon and instead of approaching my issues individually I am walked through the same trouble shooting template on every call. I have been told that a technician will come out to repair my lines, when I call back I am told that my ticket was closed. Before I moved to this area I used comparable low-grade DSL service offered by my former cable company, and I never had problems prohibiting me from doing basic things such logging onto the internet or keeping an internet connection. I recently bought an iphone and AT&T is my service provider because Verizon is just not trustworthy and is inadequate in its technical and customer service. The only reason I am still with the company is because of my DirecTV bundle discount; but because my time spent dealing with and writing complaints and email about Verizon is equivalent to lost money, I am soon to cut my losses.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Surreptitious Phase-Out of DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

So, inadequite as in the connection constantly drops out at random? How are the speeds? Same until the drop-outs or do they also follow in regards to problems by slowing down? Did all of this happen the moment FiOS went live in your area (wouldn't be a surprise. Not the first time I've seen this happen).

0 Likes