Verizon Utility pole leaning on my street
j9leepy

After several attempts to get Verizon to replace the leaning utility pole on my street, I am sending this letter to your attention for yet another attempt to get assistance.   If this Verizon utility pole, which has a transformer located on it, should continue to lean further and fall onto the street and neighboring properties, there will be significant damage and liability on Verizon.

I have contacted Verizon several times in the last three months advising Verizon of their leaning utility pole on my street.  Because the pole continues to lean, and has progressively gotten worse, all the utility lines from my house to the street have dropped several feet and are now resting on my current basketball pole.  Several months ago when I called Verizon to first report this issue, I advised them that I was planning on replacing my basketball pole with a bigger pole and needed the Verizon utility pole to be straightened up to alleviate the utility lines from resting on my current basketball pole.   

I have given Verizon several months to come and fix their pole.  On two occasions after two of my calls, Verizon sent different representatives to inspect the pole.  Both gentlemen agreed that the utility pole was indeed Verizon’s; was indeed leaning significantly; and, needed to be replaced as soon as possible.  The last gentlemen, named Chuck, visited my street and told me that he would put a request out to the construction crew to replace the current pole.  Chuck even gave me his cell phone number to call him back if I don’t see any progress.

I called Chuck back several weeks ago and left a message.  I never received a returned phone call.  Thursday, June 27th I called Chuck again and he told me he was surprised that the pole was’t fixed.  He said he would call me back with a phone number of a foreman for a construction crew who works in my area.  I’ve not received a phone call back from Chuck.

This weekend I will begin replacing the current basketball pole, which already has utility lines touching it, with the new, bigger, basketball pole.  It’s my opinion that Verizon has failed to resolve this issue and with adequate notification from me is assuming liability should anything happen to anyone as a result of the utility pole leaning significantly causing the utility lines to rest on the existing basketball pole.

I’m extremely discouraged by your lack of representation and very disappointed that no one at Verizon has shown any attention to this matter.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Utility pole leaning on my street
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Verizon Utility pole leaning on my street
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

j9leepy,

We did not hear back from you regarding this issue in your private support case, so we are closing it out. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help and we can escalate the problem for you.

Thank you,

-Rachel

0 Likes