Verizon Yahoo Toolbar will not "Enable" via "add ons" or from "view"
JBR123

On Saturday I had Fios installed at my house.  Previously I had ATT and used the Yahoo Toolbar on my home page.  It now has disappeared.  I installed ATT Yahoo toolbar and installed Verizon Yahoo toolbar without success.  I can see it in the Manage Add-Ons list and in the View-toolbars list but when I check Enable, nothing happens.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Toolbar will not "Enable" via "add ons" or from "view&quo
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why install that?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Toolbar will not "Enable" via "add ons" or from "view&
JBR123

That's not an answer that solves the problem.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What web browser is this?

For example Firefox 19.0.2

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Toolbar will not "Enable" via "add ons" or from "view&
JBR123

Windows 7, IE9.  I installed Verizon Yahoo but still a no go.  I can see it's disabled but selecting Enable does not work.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't know much about IE and the way add-ons work, I can give to you an example of how add-ons work with firefox - in the hopes that it helps you.

If I enable an add-on, I have to restart the web browser and then the add-on is shown/applied.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check Add/Remove programs in your computer for Internet Explorer and ensure you do not have old copies of the Yahoo! Toolbar installed. I'm not exactly sure why you'd want it installed, but if the Verizon Yahoo! toolbar is showing as installed, make sure it's not a Disabled Add-on within Internet Explorer. Disabled Add-ons won't show up at first in Internet Explorer when you click on "Manage Add-Ons" under the Tools (Gear nut) menu but once you select "All Add-ons" it should show up.

0 Likes