Verizon attempting to charge for faulty equipment
MPDC4511

I was literally just on the phone for 2 straight hours.  I have been paying for 75/75 internet only to find out tonight from VERIZON'S OWN CUSTOMER SERVICE that my provided router is no capable of these speeds and is no longer utilized/sold/or serviced by Verizon (Router M1424WR).  Can someone from verizon kindly explain to me how I am the one responsible to pay for a new router when the one i have been provided is not capable of the speeds I am/have been paying for?  I seems like the money that has been obtained from me for services not rendered should cover the cost!

PS if the tech who is responding on Sunday even attempts to discuss payment for a new router I will be dropping you before he leaves the driveway!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon attempting to charge for faulty equipment
jonjones1
Legend

@MPDC4511 wrote:

I was literally just on the phone for 2 straight hours.  I have been paying for 75/75 internet only to find out tonight from VERIZON'S OWN CUSTOMER SERVICE that my provided router is no capable of these speeds and is no longer utilized/sold/or serviced by Verizon (Router M1424WR).  Can someone from verizon kindly explain to me how I am the one responsible to pay for a new router when the one i have been provided is not capable of the speeds I am/have been paying for?  I seems like the money that has been obtained from me for services not rendered should cover the cost!

PS if the tech who is responding on Sunday even attempts to discuss payment for a new router I will be dropping you before he leaves the driveway!

No one said you had to purchase the router. Verizon rents it for $10 a month. Or you can provide your own customer owned router. If you take that route make sure to return the Verizon router and get a receipt. Verizon will not tech support your own router, but will provide support as far as the ONT. So it’s something to think about.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

It is my understading that the later revisions of the Mi424WR are supported by Verizon.

Especially for speeds uner 100M.

Were you told otherwise?

Do you know what version router you have?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MPDC4511 wrote:

No one said you had to purchase the router. Verizon rents it for $10 a month. Or you can provide your own customer owned router. If you take that route make sure to return the Verizon router and get a receipt. Verizon will not tech support your own router, but will provide support as far as the ONT. So it’s something to think about.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes