Verizon blocking MIT email forwarding
mresnick1
My email forwarding from MIT alumni services gets held up for hours. This happens at least twice a year. Below is the latest response from the MIT alumni services indicating Verizon has once again blocked them. Is there anyway to provide a permanent fix ? Like allowing MIT to tell Verizon when a new server goes online so they can be proactive and not block it ????
==========================================================================================================
Greetings, Mr.Resnick: We have had some recent issues forwarding email to verizon.net due to them blacklisting some of our servers. We submitted a request to have us removed and were told they were working on it. In the meantime, if you have another email address (like gmail or hotmail) I recommend you add it as a forwarding address in addition to your verizon.net address. You can update your forwarding addresses by logging into your My Account page and clicking the "Email Forwarding for Life" tab. Sincerely, Lilly Pan MIT Alumni Association
0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking MIT email forwarding
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

They see an IP address of a server and its IP addresses that get blocked. If new IP address blocks are being used, they may still be on a BOGON list in which they will be blocked. There is no way to put them on a Permanent safe list because we see the IP address. If they happen to get blocked, the best way is to fill out a white list request to unblock them. Sorry for the inconvenience.