Verizon doesn't honor their promises
Anatol

Here is my story. As my 2 year FIOS contract expired, I was hit with the ‘full price’ of Internet only service. I shopped around, found much better deal and called in to cancel. To my surprise Verizon rep told me that despite I was just 5 days in the month I had to pay full price. I did cancel Verizon account in the past and from my recollection it was prorated at the time. So after cancelling this time, I did some online research and found mixed messages. From one side Verizon official policy states that final bill is prorated (https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/final-bill), but people report different experiences with getting refund.

Still, I called Verizon with the same question and over the phone was assured that my bill should be prorated. And even more, the agent asked why I was cancelling and offered me even better deal than their competitors! I don’t understand why I have to cancel to get this deal, but this is a different story.

So I switched back, but my refund was not coming. I called Verizon again and was told straight out that Verizon doesn’t prorate FIOS bill. Does it mean that the agent who sold me service renewal was just lying to get my business back? Well, I don’t have a contract and I am cancelling my FIOS service right now. I can’t support company who lies to its customers and doesn’t value my business.

What puzzles me the most is that Verizon is willing to give me ongoing discount of $65 for 100/100 service and then turns back and fights tooth and nail for one time $70 credit to keep current customer happy. And it doesn't really cost them anything sicne there was no service delivered for this $70. Clearly customer satisfaction is the last priority for this company.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doesn't honor their promises
jonjones1
Legend

Mite confused here?

you cancelled service? And was expecting a prorate off that bill? Correct.

so you then state you spoke to a rep who offered you a lower price than a competitive provider. Correct?

If you reupped service at a lower rate, why would you expect a refund of prorated service monies? You got a better deal, you are paying less than you were and where does this $70 come in? From a previous invoice? If so that covers a certain period of time. 

It is going forward that you will be paying less. Not from prior invoices.

additionally you may have been switched to a contract so you may owe a huge early termination fee if you leave now.

Points to ponder

0 Likes
Anatol

> so you then state you spoke to a rep who offered you a lower price than a competitive provider. Correct?

Not. She offered lower price AND prorated refund for previously cancelled service. I would not come back if I wouldn't be promissed refund twice - in online chat and over the phone.

> where does this $70 come in? From a previous invoice? If so that covers a certain period of time. 

It comes from the last invoice of cancelled service. It covers 26 days out of 31 days in October for which Verizon didn't provide any service, but want to charge me anyway.

> you may owe a huge early termination fee if you leave now

I don't, there is no contract.

0 Likes
bakerbrown1
Enthusiast - Level 2

wow they are doing the same thing to me stay away from Verizon

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes