Verizon is full of it
Sucker1

It all started on the 7th of May, my line was active finally after a day that they said it wouild be ready. I figured i'd go with a low mbit just to see how things would go(1mbps down), I seen that this wasnt fast enough for internet streaming/WiFi.

I made the giant of mistake of trying to upgrade my connection to 15Mbps which my area says is rated for, when I called I was told I could not get 15 that the maximum I would be provisioned for was 3mbps(pn a dry loop connection).

I explained to them that my sister lives in the SAME complex as I do and she has a 15mbps connection! so 3 days later of dealing with verizon turns out that you have to have the phone service in order to be provisioned more bandwidth. Verizon is the only internet service provider we can get in this area so you would think they would be more helpful. and knowledgeable about the area.

So after another 2 hours of being transferred back and fourth to sales/ and being hung up on I get a call from a very helpful sales person(Or so I thought). She went through the motions with me attempting to add the phone service and give me more bandwidth, we go through the process of adding the phone service which is some automated agreement(Yes/No) then it hangs up on me.....I called today the 22nd only to find out that NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE, NO CHANGES TO MY ACCOUNT AT ALL!

Im pretty fed up with Verizon, theyve given me 3 different numbers one of which was a dead line to a tech, Oh yeah and their field techs are a bunch of {keep your post courteous}, they walk into your home and stare at your modem and say "Everything looks good your ready to go" and leave. WHAT A FRIGGIN LOAD

Am I the only one getting screwed by Verizon?? Anyone else have a horror story??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is full of it
TheRoscoe

I just got a replacement router around 9 am on the 22nd of may, the router was working fine while i was playing my xbox but then it started lagging me out of games repeatedly. I'm sick and tired of verizon products now im just paying 50$ for crappy internet.

0 Likes
masho95
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Sucker: Yeah Verizon changed their "dryloop service" on about May 7th. Existing dry loops would be grandfathered in but if you made any changes to the account or transfered service or whatever then they required you to have voice added to the line.

At what point did you have them out to check out your modem? 

0 Likes
TheRoscoe

I called them 2 weeks ago on a saturday, they told me my line had no problems but i know it did i asked for a technician and they said they're sending me a replacement router and the line would be checked again. When I got the router it was working fine for about 2 hours but then the lag was even worse.

0 Likes
ExtremelyUpset

Verizon lies and they are FULL OF IT.   They will resort to all kinds underhanded tactics with their so called service.   They just deliberately shut my DSL off and refused to turn it back on and gave a crock that they are no longer offering DSL in my area.   They're trying gangster tactics to strong arm me into getting FIOS.  They are unscrupulous and should not be allowed to get away with these dirty slime ball tactics.!

0 Likes
TheRoscoe

I called verizon and they told me I have to wait 72 hours and if I'm still having trouble then they will do a report with their office in order to send a technician.

0 Likes