Verizon is incapable of fixing internet issue - I will be cancelling service
userInNJ

Here's the issue:

(1) Internet connection gets dropped every single day around noon

(2) The myFios app sometimes (and other times not) fixes the problem through "troubleshoot"

(3) It does its thing, but does not tell me what is done

(4) Restarting router or ONT does not help

Service:

(1) I spoke with three technicians over phone all gave me different reasons -- none fixed the issue

(2) A technician visited and did not fix the issue

(3) Scheduled another visit; technician did not show up

(4) I had to explain the same thing over chat three times

(5) Over chat they do a check and says it's fine because it is freaking fine when it works! The issue is it doesn't work all the time

(6) They said they cannot replace ONT without charge because it seems to work -- when it works omg

When your car sometimes stops and your mechanic sees it while it runs; then says your car is fine, is it fine? 

I found many posts on this forum with similar issues dating from 2015 onwards and none seems to have an answer. I never write any reviews, but I will make sure I do my best disseminating this bit of opinion through every venue I can find.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is incapable of fixing internet issue - I will be cancelling service
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If neighbors also have FiOS, do they drop as well?

Do any other services, if subscribed to, also drop?

If the ONT is nearby, does it show any alarms when the Internet drops?

Do the router log files indicate what the router sees when the Internet drops?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is incapable of fixing internet issue - I will be cancelling service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi userInNJ,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes