Verizon lied to me
enls

I called verizon to check on bundle costs.  I was told I could have the exact same service I've had for the last 10 years which was 1-3 mbps.  During the call I asked repeatedly about the speed available and was reassured I could keep all the same services and internet speed in this new bundle.  

Well that was a lie.  I have since learned that verizon no longer offers 1-3 in my neighborhood, only .5-1.  I was not told that. Three days later my service suddenly changed from 1-3 mbps (usually around 2.25) to .5-1 (usually around .6).  This is the dial-up speed I used to get about 20 years ago.  

I was never told that 1-3 mbps was no longer available in my area and was not told my speed would be turned down.  Verizon can obviously deliver the speed, they had been doing it for 10 years.  

I am a cinematographer and rely on streaming video for research and demonstrations of my work.  Many financial decisions have been centered around continuity of service.  I am now basically locked out of that research and promotion capabilities.

I am thoroughly disgusted with Verizon.  They used deception and lies to alter my service.  Be very careful with this company.   

0 Likes
Re: Verizon lied to me
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes