Verizon not letting me re-bundle my Standard Internet + Phone
gwdew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a Verizon customer for 20+ years and I'm finally thinking of leaving after the stuff CS was trying to pull today:

I have the HSI + Freedom Value Plan (Landline) for 54.99.    I saw online that they now offer the HSI + Freedom Essentials for 44.99, so I thought, since I'm not in any type of promotion, I'll sign up with that bundle.

Well, it turns out that since FIOS is available in my area, I CAN NOT sign up for the standard bundle that I want @ 44.99.  George of Verizon stated that they are migrating everyone over to FIOS and cannot offer any standard bundles to customers where FIOS is available.

Let me be clear, I DO NOT WANT FIOS,  for the fact that if my power goes out I lose my phone.  But, Verizon says, "oh don't worry there's a battery backup"   That's fantastic, but it's only good for 8 hrs, and if the battery goes bad YOU have to buy a new one.   What do I do when I lose power FOR DAYS,  will the battery last?  answer = NO.   This is the reason on why I don't want a FIOS phone.  Right now my landline works ALL THE TIME....Power or no power.

I asked George, "If you are migrating everyone over to FIOS, does this mean my landline and DSL won't work in the future?"  He said NO.   So my answer is "then why can't I re-bundle my Standard HSI + Phone plan"  He says he cannot even offer it to me.   It's just ridiculous.   Guess I'll start looking at other options,  and for those of you who don't understand what that means, it means cancel.

It's just ridiculous to think that something this small and they don't want to work with me.  Verizon definitely gets a thumbs down in Customer Service and I'll be sure to tell all my friends about this one.  Hopefully, if they have a choice between Verizon and another company, they CHOOSE ANOTHER COMPANY.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not letting me re-bundle my Standard Internet + Phone
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gwdew,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

gwdew

Thank you for allowing us to work with you on this issue. It has been our pleasure. 

- Jon

0 Likes
gwdew
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon could not bundle by HSI + Freedom Essentials, but they could add Call Waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, ect. to my current Freedom Value plan for "a la carte" pricing ....sound right?

So the services are available, but Verizon refuses to bundle because they rather make money hand over fist with the a la carte pricing....Unbelievable