Verizon posts false information online, refuses to cancel my service despite repeated requests.
Jtheletter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let's be clear, you're lying on your webpage. Right here: https://www.verizon.com/home/cancel-fios.html

At the bottom it clearly says 'Cancel Online'. And this page is referred to by other links when seraching for how to cancel online. BUT, you won't actually let me cancel online. I can do everything else including entering a new contract, but can;t cancel unless fo some reason I call a phone number. 

Your chat teams are completely neutered and useless, talking in circles and claiming they have no outbound phone lines. what happens if there is an emergency at the call center, no 911 access allowed? That's probably a legal violation, or more likely an outright falsehood.

So Verzion, I don;t have access to a phone, and I CANNOT call your cancelation team, which is purely a policy decision clearly meant to strongarm people into renewing services. But i am not going to renew my service, I need to cancel. 

HOW DO I CANCEL ONLINE. 

Get someone with one wit of sense and authority to get this done. You make your representatives, and by extension your company, look stupid and weak; frankly it is insulting and disingenuous that everything else can be done online other than cancellations.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon posts false information online, refuses to cancel my service despite repeated requests.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jtheletter,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes