Verizon's Internet Customer Service Is The WORST!!
msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been trying to purchase Verizon's DSL for a few years now. Every time I call I get the same poor customer service, they say its not available at the time but they are going to try and "push it through" and then give me a call back. I have heard that 5 times and the last time I just got fed up and now Im here posting. The problem is that my neighbor who lives about 300 feet away has Verizon DSL but they say I am out of range. Well I believed them at first but I wanted to be sure. One of my relatives also has Verizon DSL and they live about 15 miles from me so one day I borrowed his DSL modem and installed it on my computer at home with the phone line filters and what do you know... IT WORKED! I called back to Verizon and argued with an Associate for 45 minutes who told me some bogus info about the modem had a mobility feature or something which I later found out was something she must have made up. I explained to her that I have the DSL box in my house and the internet is functioning fast with no issues or problems. I was transferred several times, once I was transferred to an associate in Texas and mind you Im in Virginia, the associate said he can't help me because the previous associate transferred me to the wrong line and I would have to hang up and call back, and mind you this is after I have been on the phone with them for over an hour at this point. Well I called back and it was the same routine, "the computer says its not available in your area, yadda yadda yadda."
I witnessed for myself that IT WILL WORK and they still tell me I can't buy the service because the computer says its out of my area. I insisted that someone please come out and try it, I even offered to pay for any time that it would take for them to come out and they said they couldn't because the computer said it won't work. At this point I am beyond furious! I just don't understand why Verizon will not attempt to let me buy a service from them and there are several people in the neighborhood who would also purchase it as well. Im ready to cut all ties with Verizon... cell phone, home phone, EVERYTHING!

Re: Verizon's Internet Customer Service Is The WORST!!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Internet Customer Service Is The WORST!!
mitch109
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried to renew with Verizon's triple play. They tried to charge  me twice what a new person would pay.

Spoke to a person after hours  We came to a price ,When I got the invoice it was $60 more . I have been lied to when asked to speak to a supervisor I was told they would call me back Guess what, no call back .                                  Two days

of wasted Time. Just called tonight to cancel my service . I am switching to Optimum which is much cheaper and you can speak to a  person. Their own people advised me to cancel and switch back to get a better price. Well I cancelled but I don't think I will be coming back.           Customer service Ha            Still waiting for that call from the Supervisor Ha Ha

0 Likes