WIFI extender blinking yellow, connection exists
Dmitriy2

With the technician help over chat I was able to pair E3200 WIFI extender with G3100 router. However, when extender was placed where I'm going to use it, it blinking yellow most of the time and sometime only shows solid white. Connection exists even when it' blinking. There are about 25 feet between router and extender with two walls (no stone or concrete, standard frame with drywall). What's wrong and is there a way to fix this annoying behavior?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI extender blinking yellow, connection exists
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the last resort WiFi-backhaul? If so, slow yellow blinking means E3200 is too far from G3100 (poor back-haul signal), fast yellow blinking means E3200 is too close to G3100 (poor WiFi-coverage), according to the User Manual.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

See pg 56 Troubleshooting tips 5.0g

Unclelido
Enthusiast - Level 2

The blinking yellow means the extender is “too far from the router”. This makes zero sense with the extender on a hard wired coax...the exact purpose of the extender is to put in a room, or another floor, with bad wifi coverage.  So of course it will be far from the router. But shouldn’t matter if it’s on a coax. So why is the light blinking slow yellow, there has to be another reason. My router is in my basement, my extender is on my second floor bedroom, split from my cable box coax. Always blinks yellow, yet I connect to it fine, and the Ethernet port from the extender shows wired on my smart tv. Every works fine. Yet the light never stops blinking yellow. Come on guys, there has to be a level 2 or level 3 tech that knows the answer to this. 

Unclelido
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Yellow never goes away, and it’s connected to a coax, and all connections work. So it’s acting as a hub, you can connect to wifi from it and wired with Ethernet cable fine—- yet the annoying yellow doesn’t go away, no matter how many reboots, resets, unplugs etc.  it’s just bad technology, that’s what it is. Verizon drops the ball a lot. My boxes constantly go in and out for no reason since I upgraded to Gigabit. Their techs aren’t great, even level 3s. May be time to switch to Optimum. 

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the MoCA LAN LED lit on the E3200? If so, I think it is something with your E3200's Setting. Otherwise, check your coaxial cabling to make sure it is MoCA compatible.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes