Waiting 55 Minutes on the Phone to get Verizon to replace Wireless Modem!
Dexstev

It has been nearly one hour to replace the FIOS wireless modem. Web site offers no self-service. How about supporting the services and equipment you sell Verizon!

Appalling.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Waiting 55 Minutes on the Phone to get Verizon to replace Wireless Modem!
rlusby49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain.  I was on hold yesterday for 25 and 55 minutes on separate calls, never reaching a human being.  Our internet service got knocked out and it looks like it fried our wireless modem.  On hold for 28 minutes and counting this morning.  Verizon was so far and above better at customer service  than Comcast when I switched over in 2005 but that reputation has steadily declined over the past few years.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Try the contact us link. Their chat support should be able to do that for you. Hold times happen and we all agree they should never happen but the reality of the situation is that lines suck and whether its the grocery store my bank or insurance company I hate waiting.
rlusby49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain.  I was on hold yesterday for 25 and 55 minutes on separate calls, never reaching a human being.  Our internet service got knocked out and it looks like it fried our wireless modem.  On hold for 28 minutes and counting this morning.  Verizon was so far and above better at customer service  than Comcast when I switched over in 2005 but that reputation has steadily declined over the past few years.

0 Likes
edgalb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent close to an hour on the phone, 45  minutes waiting to fix an ongoing billing problem.  Verizon is far worse than comcast ever was and I'm dropping FIOS ASAP because their service is so poor. 

Get everything in writing because I've been promised prices and incentives that they later reneged on.  It's pretty bad to be overcharged and then have to spend hours trying to resolve problems. 

JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to agree.  Before I signed up for FIOS I checked on support numbers, availability (24/7), how the web mail worked, many other things.  I actually called the support numbers, easily got a knowledgeable, understandable person, so was satisfied.  Early experience was good, I was happy.

In the time since, things have slowly deteriorated.  Programming has been sloppy.  There is NO way to reach anyone with real authority or knowledge beyond the boilerplate responses or the most common problems.  No one exhibits the proper GAS (Give A S**t) attitude, but all seem to have the DGAS attitude (DON'T Give A S**t) !    I've been hung up on, treated like a basic newbie (experienced people can sense someone above newbie level), led in small circles, told to "Try again tomorrow, it will be fixed by then" (NEVER has been to date), etc. ad nausium.

As of last night I COULD NOT get to tech support late at night, as I was stuck in email hell with the new email that has many bugs, especially usability issues, etc.

There MIGHT be a way to reach FIOS Tech Service at late hours, but as of yet I haven't found it in the last couple of days.  Even the premium tech service people tried to transfer me, held me on line the second time while they tried, and they finally told me that Fiber Services is not answering their line.

Today I spoke to an agent whose primary language wasn't english, had LOTS of trouble understanding him, and got NO resolution of how to get back to the (reasonably) well functioning basic email screen, or how to address the bugs in the new email.

Here's the latest - I used the spell check on this Verizon page, it DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the acronym "FIOS", wanted to insert BIOS.  Typical example of the stupidity exhibited in Verizon.  Let's see if someone sees this and responds...

Everyone has problems, but good people welcome information and comments.  WE NEED A WAY TO EXPRESS PROBLEMS TO RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE, THAT IS NOT A BRICK WALL !!!