Walking Dead episodes don't play on AMC site after logging into Verizon
MikeF2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues trying to watch Walking Dead episodes on the AMC website?

After I log into my Verizon account through AMC, the episode I want to watch flashes, then nothing - blank screen. I can click on Pause and Play but nothing happens. I can play any of the webisodes or video that doesn't require a login.

I tried watching through Internet Explorer and Chrome.

I made sure pop ups weren't blocked, Java was enabled, Silverlight was up to date,...

I've tried on three different computers with same results. I'm wondering if something is not working related to the Verizon login or if someone had the same problem and found a fix.

If Verizon had the episodes On Demand in a timely basis, I wouldn't be trying this in the first place. Not happy with the service.

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Walking Dead episodes don't play on AMC site after logging into Verizon
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I don't usually use the watch-in-browser-now feature but I just tried it to see if I have the same problem.  I do seem to have the same (or at least a similar) issue.

Once signing in and selecting an episode of Walking Dead to watch, the video tries to start and then fails, giving me a red box with the message "Hardware change detected on your computer.  Unable to continue video playback.  Please reload the page to try again.  (6013)

Reloading the page just yields the same results.

Seems like a flaw in the system.

0 Likes
MikeF2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for testing this. At least I know it's not just happening to me.

I couldn't find any contact info on the AMC web site but will keep looking.

I've watched episodes on the site in the past, but have run into this problem with the last few episodes.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This look like the standard signin problem.  Make sure you log out of Verizon's website before trying the AMC pages.  If you don't it gets lost in the signin process.

0 Likes
MikeF2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried logging in through Verizon website then popping over to AMC, and have also tried logging in directly on AMC's site. It's not just Walking Dead, it's any shows that require you to log in to play.

At this point, I've tried from a Windows laptop and desktop using I.E., Chrome, and FireFox and even has someone try from a Mac Book; no luck.

I checked antivirus settings and made sure pop ups were enabled and ad blockers we're not disabled.

I did get a response back from AMC saying to check for ad blockers and make sure they're not enabled.

So, at this point and many hours invested, I give up. I'm not going to try using their site to watch The Walking Dead. (Their site is dead to me, no pun intended).

Thanks for everyones suggestions, though. It was worth a shot.

I wouldn't be going through this if Verizon would make On Demand episodes available quicker. Generally I have to wait until Thursday or Friday to watch Sundays episode, and it's not just Walking Dead I'm seeing delays. Definately frustrating, considering how much I pay per month.

0 Likes
Bethsoda

Same thing is happeneing to me - I just am catching up on the entire show, paid $16 through Amazon to watch the first half as, of course, AMC now only has the second half available and now, if I want to finish the season I guess I'm going to have to pay to watch what i should be able to get for free.  Super annoyed right now but glad to know I'm not the only one to have this problem.

0 Likes
Artist21

So annoying. They now charge for on demand now too! Next is the death of the free internet.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes