Want faster DSL
BruceWilliamson

Right now I am on the slowest DSL plan. I'd like to move to enhanced but there's no link to order it. Everything point to FiOS. I simply do not want FiOS. I've looked at other messages where people have wanted faster DSL. Someone asked them to post info from their router. My traceroute and signal levels are much better.

So, where on the Verizon web site can I order enhanced DSL? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Want faster DSL
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If Fios is available in your area Verizon is going to want you to move over to the Fios service. I do not think that they will allow you to order a faster DSL service in that case.

0 Likes
Re: Want faster DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As mentioned above, DSL is considered a grandfathered service in FiOS areas. At some point in time the DSL will be turned off.

If you are looking for a faster speed, consider FiOS. Verizon has a 5Mbps/1Mbps unadvertised FiOS package that few seem to know about. This package is offered to those on DSL, and for prices identical to the "Enahnced DSL" speed package. The next package up is the 15Mbps/15Mbps tier. If none of those options work, you will have to either find someone who can adjust your package, or go with a DSL Reseller in your area who will be able to get you what you want - assuming Verizon will give them a DSLAM port.

0 Likes