Westell 327W problems
AVILLA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Modem servicer has been interupting occasionally and last night broke down entirely. It resumed again this AM but is slow at best. I believe Westell 327W Gateway is becoming unstable. Several laptops operate off the modem and all are experiencing the same problems. My gateway is probably 8 years old.

Can I request a new moden from Verizon?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Westell 327W problems
AVILLA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm afraid all this is a bit technical for my feeble mind but, at any rate, the problem was with the Verizon server and aparently been resolved by them, at least for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AVILLA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The troubleshooting lights appear to be functioning correctlyexcept that the internet lamp is red rather than green. Is this significant?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AVILLA wrote:

The troubleshooting lights appear to be functioning correctly except that the internet lamp is red rather than green. Is this significant?

Yes, it is.

1 If you are on PPPoE - DHCP (PPPoE - setting in modem combo), there is an issue on the PPPoE Server.

#2 If you are on pure DHCP (Bridge-Routed Bridge DHCP Enabled - setting in modem combo), there is an issue on the DHCP Server.

#3 If you were on pure Static IP (Bridge-Routed Bridge DHCP Disabled - setting in modem combo), as far as I know the Internet Light never goes off.

#4 If you were to have the modem combo set to bridge-bridge ( REF = http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600 - setting in modem combo ) the Internet Light is always off.

#5 The only reason that the Internet Light were to change color if number three or number four were true, is for example:

The Westell loses power.

a) With no power all lights are off.

b) When power is back on, the Internet Light is briefly red and then goes back to normal (for number three - green, for number four - off).

@AVILLA wrote:

Can I request a new moden from Verizon?

I am not sure that is going to help you or not, but I believe you can.

0 Likes
AVILLA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm afraid all this is a bit technical for my feeble mind but, at any rate, the problem was with the Verizon server and aparently been resolved by them, at least for now.

0 Likes