Westell 7500 start up issue
chinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all, I got this new modem in the mail. I didnt do anything it just arrived. its a westell 7500. I connected the power cable and the internet cable. Connected a ethernet cable to my laptop, i use my laptop 24/7. I went to the ip number that was on the small manual they gave me. it went to a page where is says make a username and a password and confirm the password. (typing it two times). Hit ok. it went to a window where i need to put in a username and a password. Ok so put what i put in the previous page, nothing happened. I tried admin/admin (username/Pass) nothing, admin/admin1 nothing, my verizon username and pass still nothing, admin/password1 nothing. I even pushed that reset button on the back and tried all of this again and still nothing i connected to the modem but i have no internet access. so anyone out there can help me so that i can get this issue off my back. Thank You

Re: Westell 7500 start up issue
Greasyfingers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went thirough the same thing.  Open Internet Explorer.  If a verizon setup page did not come up automatically, put this in the address bar: activatemyhsi.ncnetwork.net and follow the instructions.  This got me running, but still never found that user name and password to enter the modem settings!

Re: Westell 7500 start up issue
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
The modems require you to change the username and password from the default of admin/password to at least a setting with a different password, such as admin/admin (not preferred, of course). If you don't change it, the modem won't let you proceed.

Anyhow, once you get past the login screen by changing the password, go to http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm and disable the modem's walled garden. From there, set up the modem to use PPPoE (if your older modem used it) and use your Verizon Username and Password to do so.

Of course, you're always free to use your old modem if there's nothing wrong with it.