What am I paying for?
cameronpaugh

I am currently paying $54.99/mo for High speed internet advanced, I was trying to figure out what bandwidth I'm PAYING for and I can't find that out at all on the website, no matter where I look, I even chatted with one of the verizon tech support people and she didn't tell me. all I want to know is what am I paying for? I know I'm getting about 3mbps down and less than 1mbps up, but what am I SUPPOSED to be getting? What tier of the plan am I paying for cause that all seems a bit low for that price and I remember when my family started this plan I think we were supposed to be getting either 7mbps or 15mbps. So if someone can show me what I'm paying for I'd greatly appreciate it

0 Likes
Re: What am I paying for?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you get your line Transceiver Statistics for us? If you don't know how to get this information, please let us know what modem you have.

In many cases I've found Verizon provisioning 3Mbps on lines and equipment that can otherwise handle speeds up to the full 15Mbps. Let's see if this is one of those special cases.

Finally, $50 is insane for 3Mbps. I pay $35/m for a 5Mbps circuit. Are you a grandfathered "Dry Loop" aka No-landline-with-DSL customer?

0 Likes
cameronpaugh

sorry for such a late reply, my modem is 

Westerr model: g90-610015-20

Rev: H

I think I might be grandfathered in, because I've had this service for year, but it was originally purchased by my mother, I just took over payments after she left

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

On that modem, visiting the below page should get you the Transceiver statistics. If you have a router connected between your PC and the modem, the link may or may not work.

http://192.168.1.1/htmlV/transtat.asp

If you are prompted for the username and password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

admin/verizon1

0 Likes