What are those Extra fees (service added and installation)? FRUSTRATED
al1112

Any help is appreciated.

I recently moved to a new apartment and ordered 100/100 FiOS internet service via a regional representative. I was promised that there will be no installation fee. The problem starts here. This person accidentally(?) put me in 300/300 plan and charged me 69.99 per month. Shouldn't it be $59.99 even if I really ordered 300/300 plan?

Anyways, I contacted customer service to change it back to 100/100 plan. The person on the phone confirmed that the original order has been canceled and a new order had been placed which delayed my service a few more days. But then, the person mistakenly put the wrong address on the order and the service was never provided on the promised day. 

So (again), I called customer service to fix the address and had to go through more than 10 people to update a single digit in the address which took me nearly half a day. Then, I was informed that there is an existing service in my apartment, which turned out to be a previous order that was supposed to be canceled, and I wasn't able to continue with my order because of that. This also delayed the service a few more days. 

Finally, someone did his/her job to fix my order and I finally got the expected service date (7 days later).

Now today, I finally got my tech support person over and was able to get my internet service. He basically took a look on the ONT that has already been installed before I moved in. No new cable was installed. Within 5 minutes, I was able to connect to the internet and he left. I honestly don't get why Verizon had to send someone to do this. Then, I was so upset after checking the estimated bill section on the FIOS app. I was charged $25.34 for 'Services Added' fee and $99 for set-up fee. 

I am already disappointed with the customer service and I feel I am being played. It was so difficult to get my requests done and service in time. And now they are even charging me for what I am responsible for. How should I deal with this kind of issues..?

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Re: What are those Extra fees (service added and installation)? FRUSTRATED
jonjones1
Legend

The install fee of $99 is only waived for customers using the online order portal.

if you speak to anyone via phone or chat then bam you get charged.

the order being changed from 300/300 to 100/100 is where the other charge would come from. During the order process although it was entered wrong the change triggers a fee.

yes it may have been overkill to send a tech, but was your router already there? Was your service considered active? If a person shows up there is a charge unless the issue is on the outside or on the pole. In any case you could have just let the 300/300 be turned on. Then when the installer was at your residence to alert his office it’s the wrong provisioned speed. Could have been changed by Verizon.

you have a 30 day total customer satisfaction guarantee so if not happy just cancel service. Otherwise you may be in a contract and will get dinged a early termination fee.

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-registration/

Look at bottom of web page.

0 Likes
Re: What are those Extra fees (service added and installation)? FRUSTRATED
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi al111,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes