What service speed does the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. support
Bloome

I have an Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. gateway and I'm looking to sign up for FIOS service.  I saw a note in the sign up process that says using this device would limit my connection to 50mbps, however, I know that this device supports faster connection speeds.  Does anyone know if I can use this device for a 100mbps plan or faster?

To be clear, I'm not referring to WiFi speed.  I have my own router and plan to bypass the Wifi functionality of the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: What service speed does the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. support
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Actiontec Rev I has gigabit ports so it will definitely support more than 50 mbps. That note you saw is incorrect. Verizon was actually installing those routers for 300/300 before the Quantum Gateway even came out.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I agree with the post above mine, more than likely they were talling about one of these:

a) The max number of computers that the router supports

OR

b) The max speed that you will get with the max number of computers that your router supports

OR

c) The max Wi-Fi speed.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) If you are not using FiOS STB for TV service (or no TV service at all) then you can use your own router.

2) To use speeds over 100M (or if using your own rotuer) you will need an ethernet connection (coax only goes up to 100M) from ont to location of your router.

0 Likes