When terminating internet only service, no one informed me the charges aren't prorated
mrg202

I've had verizon for years.  For the last two I have only had internet.  The cost jumped to $75/month, which in my opnion is outrageous.  I couldn't get a deal because I wasn't a new customer (some day companies may begin to value their CURRENT customers and not play games like this).  So I terminated my service.  My billing period was 8/3-9/2.  I terminated 8/13.  Apparently the disconnection didn't happen until the 16th.  When I called to terminate, I was NOT told that when you only have internet, that the monthly fee is not prorated.  If I had been told that, I would have waited until 9/2 to terminate service.  Instead, I was charged for a service that I terminated.  I also returned the router mid-month, but apparently even that isn't prorated (if you've terminated service).  It is prorated if you're a current customer and return the router because of buying your own). 

I learned all this when I called to see when my refund would be processed.  I asked where that was stated, and was told that I could find it in the terms of service.  What is very disturbing is the fact it was not disclosed at the time of termination.  If the representative is prohibited from telling customers that, then they should refer the customer to read the terms of service to undertstand how the billing for internet services is handled upon termination. 

I am very happy (and always have been) with the quality of FIOS service (I am now back with Verizon), but I am VERY unhappy to have been deceived like this.  Although it is only about $43 or so that I believe I am entitled to be refunded, it is MY hard-earned money, not Verizon's.  God knows they have more money than me.  I really don't understand why termination of internet service is handled any differently that TV or phone.  I am sure I'm not the only customer to have learned this the hard way.  Please explain where exactly this is stated in the terms of service, and the reasoning behind it. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: When terminating internet only service, no one informed me the charges aren't prorated
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As this is mainly a peer to peer support forum, you will not see a Verizon response.

TOS is not that long.

Take a browse and see what you can find in terms of termination of service.

0 Likes
Re: When terminating internet only service, no one informed me the charges aren't prorated
mrg202

That's interesting. I had seen some replies from Verizon so I thought this was the proper place to raise a complaint. My point is I wasn't told when I cancelled, and when I  asked about a refund was told it would take 2 billing cycles. I'll take this up directly with verizon. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes