Where can I download the VCA client for windows?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Verizon Call Assistant software appears to have stopped working.  I'd like to uninstall ait and Install again to see if that will resolve the issue.

Anybody know where the client software can be downloaded?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where can I download the VCA client for windows?
Justin46
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

You can download this program again from www.verizon.com/callassistant

Yes, that is the logical place you'd think to find it, however the reason I'm asking the question is that I can't find it there.

On that page I can sign into my VCA account and see my activity.  I can download the quick start guide - a PDF.  I can download the User guide - another pdf.  I can push the Get it Now button that check my account details and tells me I already have the VCA.  I can select the Activate button and it tells me I haven't ordered the VCA

BUT

Nowhere can I find anything to select that downloads the software for the PC.

I've tried the feedback button from the app to ask where I can find the software but that doesn't work EITHER and give me this error

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)

Nothing should be this hard but I suppose that's why there is so much activity in these forum pages.

The website is so poorly written that even for somebody who has technical knowledge there is no way to make some things work.  I have know been trying to get this VCA client since the middle of February when my installed version partially stopped working.

You don't see the download button huh? I gave up using VCA years ago, but I just went to the VCA website:

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/

Logged in and saw this page (I covered up my phone number):

As you can see, I do see a download button. I clicked on it, said I wanted to save the file, and bingo, it downloaded. I have not installed it, I have no use for VCA.

I am guessing you have a browser problem, either an add-on or some setting that is interferring. I don't know what browser you are using, but I suggest you try a different browser or try starting your current browser without any add-ons to see if you get something different.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Yes, that is the logical place you'd think to find it, however the reason I'm asking the question is that I can't find it there.

On that page I can sign into my VCA account and see my activity.  I can download the quick start guide - a PDF.  I can download the User guide - another pdf.  I can push the Get it Now button that check my account details and tells me I already have the VCA.  I can select the Activate button and it tells me I haven't ordered the VCA

BUT

I've tried the feedback button from the app to ask where I can find the software but that doesn't work EITHER and give me this error

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)

Nothing should be this hard but I suppose that's why there is so much activity in these forum pages.

The website is so poorly written that even for somebody who has technical knowledge there is no way to make some things work.  I have know been trying to get this VCA client since the middle of February when my installed version partially stopped working.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

BUT

You don't see the download button huh? I gave up using VCA years ago, but I just went to the VCA website:

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/

Logged in and saw this page (I covered up my phone number):

As you can see, I do see a download button. I clicked on it, said I wanted to save the file, and bingo, it downloaded. I have not installed it, I have no use for VCA.

I am guessing you have a browser problem, either an add-on or some setting that is interferring. I don't know what browser you are using, but I suggest you try a different browser or try starting your current browser without any add-ons to see if you get something different.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I wonder if it detects that you already have it installed and doesn't display a download option if you do?

I don't have any idea, but it seems like a possibility.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Is VCA available to folks with Fios Digital Voice?  I was looking into adding this.  On the link provided I click the link to add the service but I don't see it listed.  Which service is this listed under (Internet, phone).  One would think phone but I don't see it.

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I just read things to literally!!!!

I read it as download user manuals and didn't realize that was meant to be a button - lol

At least after uninstalling a re-installing it finally updates the call logs.  Would be nice if the caller id pop up worked too but maybe caller id has just disappeared because it no longer appears on the tv's either.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my stupidity

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

I guess I just read things to literally!!!!

I read it as download user manuals and didn't realize that was meant to be a button - lol

At least after uninstalling a re-installing it finally updates the call logs.  Would be nice if the caller id pop up worked too but maybe caller id has just disappeared because it no longer appears on the tv's either.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my stupidity

Ahhhhhh, we all experience that kind of thing occasionally, unfortunately it seems to happen more and more frequently to me the older I get Smiley Very Happy

Glad you were able to get the software. Maybe if you can get the caller id back on the TV the other will work? I have no clue.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes