Where to file a claim regarding final bill
RayC4

Our 2-year contract with FIOS has ended and the price increased, so we wanted to try another internet/TV provider. We signed up another service and called on 10/25 to disconnect the FIOS services. FIOS customer rep told me on the phone that the billing would stop on that day, however due to scheduling issue, technician would come out on 10/28 to physicially disconnect the outside cable and equipment. We told customer rep that the cable has already been disconnected to hook up with another provider, but then we were assured again that the billing would stop on 10/25.

After the final bill came out, it still show the ending date as 10/28 so we contacted FIOS. The customer rep and the supervisor we talked to showed no regards in helping us to solve the issue, instead, they repeated the message that the previous customer rep we spoke with on the date of disconnect clearly informed us that we would be billed until 10/28, which is a lie. Also they refused our request to review their phone log and said there is NO designated personnel to handle claim or complaints to escalate this issue to.

It's such a small amount, but it shows how bad FIOS treats its past customer - we've been with them for four years ever since we moved in the house! We originally was just trying out another provider and would come back if didn't work out, now we are thinking of staying AWAY from FIOS and make people aware of this bad experience.

0 Likes
Re: Where to file a claim regarding final bill
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is Verizon still billing for the service? I guess I'm confused and am not seeing where the problem is here. Your billing end date stops at the end of the cycle. Unless you're talking about getting a pro-rated amount for the three days of no service?

0 Likes
Re: Where to file a claim regarding final bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RayC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes