Why am I not getting 3mbps?
AsianGirls
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK my plan is 3mbps-1.5mbps as you can see its at 1792kbps (1.8mbps) and my router is an actiontec GT704WG

is there any way I can get 3mbps?

DSL Status

VPI:0

VCI:35

DSL Mode Setting:GDMT

DSL Negotiated Mode:G.DMT

Connection Status:Showtime

Speed (down/up):1792 / 448 Kbps

ATM QoS class:CBR

Near End CRC Errors : 0/0

Far End CRC Errors :0/0

Near End CRC(Within last 30 mins) :0/0

Far End CRC(Within last 30 mins) :0/0

Near End RS FEC :0/0

Far End RS FEC :0/0

Near End FEC(Within last 30 mins) :0/0

Far End FEC(Within last 30 mins) :0/0

Discarded Packets(Within last 30 mins):0

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream):16/18

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream):60/31

Re: Why am I not getting 3mbps?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line is a bit too long to hold anything more than what you have already. With ADSL2+ you can probably squeeze some more speed out of it, but you won't obtain the full 3Mbps. What you can try to do is to plug your modem into your NID. If that doesn't give better results, then that is more than likely as good as it's going to get without Verizon trying to shorten your line.

AsianGirls
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is connected direclty 2 the NID. Nothing else is connected there either, all old wiring 2 my house is disconnected from it and that fixed some errors. Can you tell me more about ADSL2+? How do I get it?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

ADSL2+ is really nothing more than a revision of the original ADSL Standards. It includes features that will allow modems to obtain higher speeds over longer distances; if not that, stability. It also includes features that will allow shorter lines to obtain even higher speeds than the 8Mbps ceiling on ADSL, and features that get more into the technical side of how DSL Tones work to improve staiblity.

To get ADSL2+ added onto your line, you would need to request it from Verizon. They may or may not have it available, but if you visit Verizon Direct over at DSLReports.com or perhaps if someone here were to offer some help, you could put in a request. Again, eve with ADSL2+ there's no guarantees of anything higher being put in. It's often times difficult to get Verizon to increase the speed any more than it is already running over especially if you have a longer line (which you do). I would proceed with the ADSL2+ suggestion only if you are positive that Verizon will be willing to bump the sync rates up slightly higher.