Why can't I get FIOS service?
mdub999

I have been trying for years and it says it's not available.  It is available to other homes in this area.  I've signed up to notify me but that has been years and years and years and no luck.  I've tried calling and asking why but the people on the phone have no idea and can only sign me up (again) for the notification list which clearly is useless.  I just want to understand why we can't get it and see if we can fix the issue. You have like 100 homes here that would switch away from comcast in a heartbeat if you would just help us out.  Can someone please shed some light??

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I get FIOS service?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon is not expanding their footprint very much. So even though it may be in your area, not likely you will see it anytime soon.

And Verizon has stated they will not comment on areas of expansion. Don't want to tip off the competition.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@mdub999 wrote:

I have been trying for years and it says it's not available.  It is available to other homes in this area.  I've signed up to notify me but that has been years and years and years and no luck.  I've tried calling and asking why but the people on the phone have no idea and can only sign me up (again) for the notification list which clearly is useless.  I just want to understand why we can't get it and see if we can fix the issue. You have like 100 homes here that would switch away from comcast in a heartbeat if you would just help us out.  Can someone please shed some light??

http://www.verizon.com/Fios 

however if Verizon has little or no competition in your area 100+ people would have them likely build out. However since Comcast is strongly entrenched in your area it may never get built out to you and your neighbors.

0 Likes
Lindamb305

We have waited YEARS for FIOS. Town around us are serviced by FIOS but not our small town.  I am convinced they have a agreement with Comcast to not service our town.  I hate COMCAST and will NEVER go back to them.  I am thinking I have to find other internet service somehow. 

0 Likes