Why do I have to "activate" my account after 10 years?
Slowslider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should this happen, when the account has been in use for several years?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I have to "activate" my account after 10 years?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

My guess is that the modem was somehow reset, and is stuck on activation. (This was set to be on by default in several of Verizon's modems.)

Have your renter open a browser window and go to 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

They will need to login with the modem's username and password, which is not the same as the account username and password. (If you do not remember/it isn't working, provide the make/model of the modem and someone can provide the defaults.)

Once logged in, they should have a disable button. Click it. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Where are you seeing that you need to activate your account? What is the full text of the error?

0 Likes
Slowslider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long answer:  My modem is at a place we rent out, hundreds of miles away from me.  The renter is being asked to give information about me and the account so the account can be activated.  This happened once before, a couple of years ago, and we finally solved it with an hour-long three-way conversation.  I don't remember the details.

Do you know how I can reactivate this account without being on site?  

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

My guess is that the modem was somehow reset, and is stuck on activation. (This was set to be on by default in several of Verizon's modems.)

Have your renter open a browser window and go to 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

They will need to login with the modem's username and password, which is not the same as the account username and password. (If you do not remember/it isn't working, provide the make/model of the modem and someone can provide the defaults.)

Once logged in, they should have a disable button. Click it. :smileyhappy:

Slowslider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, somegirl -- it worked.  I appreciate your help.