Why do we keep getting Verizon flyers about FIOS through snail mail for years?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

According to Verizon's web site and phone calls for the last several years, FIOS and DSL services are unavailable in my two house areas. It only shows DirecTV (over the air (OTA)'s local broadcast channels are enough for my family) and phone services (already have it). Why does Verizon keep sending the snail mails/flyers in wasting time and papers to us? 😞

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Re: Why do we keep getting Verizon flyers about FIOS through snail mail for years?
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be surprised if anyone here on this user-to-user forum has a valid answer to your question, but I've had a similar question in mind for some time.   Similar in that we constantly get snail mail advertisements for FiOS service when we already have it.   We're on a 2 year contract and thus not eligible for any of the promo  packages they're pushing to new customers in the ads.  The mailings, in fact, have the effect of rubbing salt in a wound, reminding us that new customers can get a better deal than we existing customers can.

I can't help thinking Verizon is wasting a ton of money on mailings to existing customers, money that if saved might be used to avoid the recent rate increases.  Smiley Sad

Re: Why do we keep getting Verizon flyers about FIOS through snail mail for years?
tns
Master - Level 2

Usually its cheaper to bulk mail to everyone in an area then to target those houses that don't have it.  In our area typically comes bundled with a bunch of other ads the mailman delivers.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tns wrote:

Usually its cheaper to bulk mail to everyone in an area then to target those houses that don't have it.  In our area typically comes bundled with a bunch of other ads the mailman delivers.

So talking out of both sides of their mouth again? Does not matter how much paper is waisted, just as long as it is cheaper.

Oh yes go with paperless billing, so we don't have to stuff those stupid flyers in your bill for services you already have.

Just trying to prove a point, and save trees? Bad me?

0 Likes