WiFi 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz issues on G1100 router
Sword7

For some years, I do not have any problems with my G1100 router.  Around 8 pm yesterday, I watched NetFlix on TV through WiFi channel and something went wrong. It immediately lost WiFi connection.  I am still unable re-connect to G1100 router but can only connect to 2.4Ghz WiFi channel but some similar issues (very slow Internet access) as well. 

I tried different 5Ghz channel on WiFi channel settings on router but am still unable to connect 5Ghz connection or unable access Internet reliably.  I tried all 5Ghz channels but it did not work.  My other devices can't connect to all 5 Ghz channels.  I ran WiFi analyzer on my Galaxy S4 tablet and it showed not many sources - just very few routers around community outside.  I tried one empty 5 Ghz channel but still can't connect to router.   I tried to reboot router a few times but can't resolve the problem.  Also I tried 2.4 Ghz channels but can sometimes connect to the router but some Internet access issues (very slow).   With wired Internet access, I can access any source at full speed. 

I think that that might be hardware issue with my G1100 router because my all devices can't connect to at all WiFi channels.  Does anyone have any solution?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz issues on G1100 router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your situation does sound like a hardware failure. However, 2.4GHz and 5Ghz WiFi should not be affected at the same time because they have separate controller chips on the board. How old is your G1100? If it is over 7 years old, I would recommend you to replace either with another G1100 or with G3100 (expensive).

0 Likes
Re: WiFi 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz issues on G1100 router
jonjones1
Legend

Do you have “self organizing network” SON on? If so turn it off.

secondly I would check that you don’t have parental controls on. Turn them off.

additionally check that your devices are not connecting to a guest network since access and availability are limited.

could be a bad router. If you don’t have tv and phone you can use your own store bought router like a netgear or asus etc. I always carry more than one backup router just in case. 

0 Likes