WiFi Extender not connecting
Cip22

Verizon just sent me a new Fios Router 2.0 when I changed by plan. I had previously had the Fios G-1100 router hooked up, as well as an extender hard wired in the basement. Now that I've connected the new router upstairs in my office, the extender in the basement isn't working or connecting. The coax light isn't lighting up, even though I haven't changed anything coax wise downstairs. I even made the new router have the same name and password as the old one. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Extender not connecting
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't a "Fios Router 2.0." There are only Verizon Router (CR1000A), Fios Router (BHR5, G3100), and Fios Quantum Gateway (BHR4, G1100).

You did not provide the model number for the extender, I am going to assume it is a Fios Network Extender (FNE, WCB6200Q). If it is a WCB6200Q, then it is incompatible with any MoCA 2.5 devices, which include the G3100 and CR1000A.

The recommendation for you is 1) Replace the WCB6200Q with an E3200, 2) Use G1100 as an extender through coax (extensive configuration required, follow steps https://forums.verizon.com/t5/G1100-Bridging-Guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide ), OR 3) uplink the WCB6200Q with Ethernet to the G3100.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Extender not connecting
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Never mind. Cang_Household answered before I did.  ðŸ™‚

0 Likes