WiFi connection issue
Monica641

When trying to connect both of my android phones to our wifi, I keep getting an authentication problems message after entering the password. Its making me insane, help !

0 Likes
Re: WiFi connection issue
jonjones1
Legend

@Monica64 wrote:

When trying to connect both of my android phones to our wifi, I keep getting an authentication problems message after entering the password. Its making me insane, help !

What band are you attempting to use? 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz?

the Quantum G1100 routers at present are having 5 Ghz issues.

from your devices look under your available networks and select the 2.4 Ghz band.

the passwords are case sensitive. You could also simply unplug your router and after a few minutes let it boot back up. Make sure the routers globe is solid white. Not red.

then search for the network name again. See if that fixes the issue.

if you still cannot connect, go to available networks on your devices, click forget network. Then turn your device off and back on then look again for your network and click connect.

last resort bad router, call 1-800-VERIZON have them replace it.

0 Likes
Monica641

Hi, I tried all of your suggestions and still nothing.so I'm going to try the new router. Thanks for trying and have a Happy New Year!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Monica64 wrote:

Hi, I tried all of your suggestions and still nothing.so I'm going to try the new router. Thanks for trying and have a Happy New Year!

Sorry that did not work. It should have. Hopefully the replacement router will fix the issue. Happy New Year to you also.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

While waiting for your new router, have you tried changing the password?

Does any other device work?

0 Likes