Wifi issues even after installing a new router
Tinayi

Hi all,

I've been having internet connection issues for the past 4 days. Basically the internet would disconnect and then after a while it would be back to normal. We had Verizon Fios tech come in and give us a new G3100 router. That did not fix the issue, so they came in and replaced the box outside, that did not fix the issue either so they replaced the splitter inside and things are better. 
Today I am testing the network speed again on Speedtest.net website, sometimes it shows 100/100 and sometimes I get 12 for download and Error for upload. I ran these tests on both my iPhone on Wifi and my Ubuntu laptop. 
This is what I see in journalctl -f output:
-------------
pcscd[2967]: 06637741 winscard.c:264:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
pcscd[2967]: 01158933 winscard.c:264:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
pcscd[2967]: 01117295 winscard.c:264:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
pcscd[2967]: 02475498 winscard.c:264:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
wpa_supplicant[935]: RRM: Unsupported radio measurement request 5
pcscd[2967]: 13739056 winscard.c:264:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate 0 0 Not Found
----------
Do I have to change any settings on my Router to fix this issue? Firewall is currently set to medium. I have not really changed anything beside the default admin account. I am not having internet issues after they replaced the splitter but the result of Speedtest.net is still the same, so I suspect something is wrong and the internet fails soon.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues even after installing a new router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since your router and even the ONT are replaced, then the issue really comes down to your devices. Does the issue only occur on one device or is across multiple devices?

0 Likes