Wifi problem
DK1970
I just moved and signed up for HIgh speed Internet. I uses my actiontec modem/router that was connected to verizon HSI at our old house. My pc (wired) and another pc( wifi) work fine. 2 iPhones and 2 iPads do not work properly. Some web pages will not load, Facebook, homedepot,the App Store and THIS FORUM when connected to wifi. iPhone works over cell network and iPads work on a different wifi.
I have called Verizon and received no helpful info, called apple and received no help and I called the tech that checked the outside box before they turned the dsl. Still no help.
Does anyone have any idea what I should do next?
I have changed the modem( new) and moved the modem to different phone jacks. No change.
Thank you in advance
Dave
0 Likes
Re: Wifi problem
DK1970

Does anybody out there have any suggestions to this strange problem?

Does Verizon read these forums?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is very curious. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Chaz11

Please let me know how I can continue to follow this forum.  My wife and I have been having this exact same issue as described for a couple of months now ever since we had Verizon installed at our new home.  Ipad works fine on other wireless networks ... for instance, we just returned from a business trip to Florida and had no issues with the Ipad on the hotel wireless network.

We have spent hours upon hours on the phone with Verizon, who just continues to say it's an Apple issue.  We contacted Apple with no success thus far.  We are now paying Apple technical support to try to figure out what the problem is since Verizon has been of no help except to say it's an Apple issue.  

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

DK1970,

Since we haven't heard back from you , it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Chaz1,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello,

If the ActionTec router Verizon supplied you with is set to use WEP for Security, move it to WPA2 AES Security and also consider moving your DNS servers to some other ones if the mobile devices are complaining about being unable to contact a DNS server.

0 Likes