Will Verizon tech run Ethernet from ONT to Router?
JT888

I am thinking of switching to FiOS and getting 150Mbps internet.  I understand the std coax install can't handle these higher speeds.  If the ONT is installed in the basement, will the tech run ethernet cable to the router which I want placed in my home office on the 1st floor?  Would there be an extra charge if done as part of the new install?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon tech run Ethernet from ONT to Router?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Ethernet install is standard with the 150 tier.  On the other hand, VZ techs generally do not fish wires through walls.  So whether the tech will place the router on the 1st floor will depend on how easy it is for him to run the wire.

0 Likes
JT888

Thanks.  So there is no way to know for sure until the tech shows up?  Am I free to refuse the install and keep my current provider at that point if I am unhappy with how/where they want to put the equipment?  Obviously, a router in the basement doesn't do any good and I don't want a big ugly ONT box hanging off my wall on the first floor.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tw88 wrote:

I am thinking of switching to FiOS and getting 150Mbps internet.  I understand the std coax install can't handle these higher speeds.  If the ONT is installed in the basement, will the tech run ethernet cable to the router which I want placed in my home office on the 1st floor?  Would there be an extra charge if done as part of the new install?  Thanks.

Think I'd provide the connection  myself at the point where I'd like it to be.  Typically any electrician would do this for you.

0 Likes