Wireless Connectivity Issues
Bird14518

I'm sure this issue has been dealt with in the past hundreds of times, but it seems persistent enough to have a solution.

One morning, all of my wifi enabled devices lost connectivity to the modem even though my desktop computer, which is directly linked to the modem with a cable, still maintained connectivity. I have a wifi enabled DVD player, a Kindle Fire and a Droid Maxx, which all acknowledge the active wifi signal, but cannot connect. I've cycled the modem several times, I've changed settings on both my phone and the Kindle, and nothing has worked. Customer service was not fully understanding what my issue was and suggested it was an individual manufacturer's defect for each device. Three independent devices losing a wifi signal at the same time is not a coincidence. It has to do with the wifi connection or the modem itself.

Please assist me in trying to fix it. Thank you for your consideration.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Connectivity Issues
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

What model DSL Modem / Router do you have?  Have you tried loging into it to adjust the WiFi Settings?  Do you devices see your WiFi network?

Is it possible a neighbor has installed a WiFi network that is interfering with your network?

Know that we peers here only know what you tell us.  The more information you share about your problem, the more likely someone here will be able to help you.

Good Luck.

0 Likes