Wireless PC suddenly can't connect with Westell 7500
Dustoff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 PCs in the house, one directly connected to the Westell 7500 and the BW's ( Beautiful Wife's ) PC downstairs as a wireless. The last two days, the BW's displays a Windows box asking for the network passcode which I had already set up to automatically obtain. When I entered the code, the connection still failed. The only way to reestablish was to turn off the Westell 7500, turn it back on, then reboot BW's PC.  I checked the config settings on her PC and I have them correct. Also, the Westell setup page online shows the correct settings and the log shows no errors.  Is the Westell failing somehow? It Does get very hot even though it's in the open and not blocked at all. I have already researched the ActionTec modem on Amazon and it seems to be excellent. I'll pop for the 75 bucks or so if that's what it takes.

Verizon has been here twice since I set up DSL in February -- they found a physical problem at the NIC, fixed it so I have a "home run", and I have not really had any problems except storm outages until now.  Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Wireless PC suddenly can't connect with Westell 7500
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this still an issue? If so, let's see what we can do to solve the issue.

0 Likes
Dustoff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I was away on a job. The problem seems to be corrected -- I unloaded a lot of misc. junk, including Window Washer and Trend Micro Security which actually let a destructive virus into MY PC in June, requiring a complete reformat. I replaced TM with Kaspersky Pure, and so far the connection problem has not reappeared. The Westell still runs very hot though -- I lose internet connection maybe twice per week although the DSL light is on whenever that happens.

Still thinking about trying the ActionTec modem as it has great reviews. For now, I'm not going to say "solved" on thjis but if things hold a little longer I will.  Thanks, Smith6612! Your expertise is priceless.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks, and glad to hear it's been solved. Let us know if it starts up again, of course 🙂

0 Likes