Wrongful Early Termination Fee DSL
KevinP1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I am being forced to upgrade one of my Subway stores internet connections to meet national compliance.

I originally purchased the 5-7 Mbps package in 2011.

Now a few months ago Verizon could no longer keep my internet connection up without degrading the line speed.

To do this they had to change my plan to the lower 3Mbps plan because it was the only way the switch would change the port speed. I know the wire was probably getting older and could be fixed by running some new cables but they arent willing to do that on a technology they are phasing out and the central office is not close.

When this was done I was forced into a 2yr contract or be left without internet, phone & credit card transactions for a week. This isnt an option at Subway and is why I order Business Class carrier service in the first place for uptime.

Now its time for me to really upgrade internet as the store is getting marked out of compliance.

First I tried ordering extra DSL lines and even with the $150 per modem and $150 install fees they will not support or have the tech bridge the connections. AT&T does this by the way as I ordered multiple DSL lines for another store today. 

Anyways so Im only left with more expensive Time Warner Cable which I don't want but don't mind.

Now Verizon says I have to pay $166 early Termination Fee because they had to downgrade my service because they wouldnt fix or give me the service I had. They said say I should have just gone without all internet at that time. WTH Theres lines of customers, cash register cant process transactions, not exactly the time to go shopping.

Also I can not seem to get a copy of my contract from anyone

The complait address for these issues

Or a first level rep that wont on automatic autopilot just answer Thats impossible

So frustrated. This isn't a way to treat people. Especially after so many Tech support and customer support calls.

Also I have a feeling that there is an FCC exception for service purchased that can not be provided. Holding someones internet hostage to change contract is not moral business practice. 

Call Juan {edited for privacy} he handled my last call

-Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful Early Termination Fee DSL
KevinP1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also no one has been able to get me a copy of my contract. Including my consumer rights, where to file complaints and early termination fees. They seem to think a Move Add Change request summary email qualifies.

This is required to be provided to me by law

Public Utility Commission of Texas Project 41609 section 26.31 Diclosure to applicants and customers (3) Terms and conditions of service (B) (iv)   "Page 106 of 396"

Let this serve as another notice for a mailed copy free of charge

Downgrading peoples service and locking them into a two year contract which they are long out of. With no real business excuse for creating a barrier of exit since any initial investment has long been recouperated is a monopolistic practice.

Tired of getting misinformation and cants

Starting to feel hopeless with Verizon

Glad the government does have other avenues for this though

FCC complaint - Will have to be responded to and investigated over ETA

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

State Utility Commision - Illegal to not provide me with my contract

If anyone else would like to find their state commission here is the link

http://www.naruc.org/Commissions/

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful Early Termination Fee DSL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KevinP,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes