X BOX 360 unable to connect wired or wireless.. help?????????????
pill2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all;

just bought a new X BOX 360,  ive tried every single solution wireless or wired...i have an actiontec MI424wr current firmware,

keep getting that MTU incorrect error even tho i did reset it...i tried from 1364 to 1492....ive added the xbox in the router to open the xbox ports..(was a preset) have Universal plug n play on...looks like i am totally out of options..and looking at the googled question...with all the FIOS user that cant use XBOX im not alone..

also  where the HECK is the direct i want to talk to someone in bangladesh FIOS support number??

Thanks

Re: X BOX 360 unable to connect wired or wireless.. help?????????????
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well, when you connect it wireless - do you know if you get an IP address?  you would either see that in the xbox network status screen, or in your router.

so log into your router by entering http://192.168.1.1 into a web browser.   admin is your username, and your password is on the service tag of your router.  its located under the bar code and it starts with a CSJx0000000  it IS case sensitive. 

when you log in click on my network at the top and see if the xbox is listed there. 

If it's listed in there, (which I am assuming since you can use the preconfigured port forward) then you may just need to increase the MTU to 1500 in the router, or experiment with the MTU in the advanced settings.  

Where are you putting that MTU ?  in the xbox or in the router?  the router is set to 1500 so maybe you should match it up.  There's  a lot of people that can connect their xbox live to the routers, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty, but we can try to help you. 

I would start from scratch personally.  so that means 

1. Hard reset the router (in the back there is a reset button, press it and hold it for 15 seconds and let it go) 
  2. plug in the xbox to one of the LAN ports (1, 2, 3, or 4) do NOT plug it into the ethernet WAN port.
  3. try to connect to the xbox again.

let us know what happens after that. 

@pill2u wrote:

Hi all;

just bought a new X BOX 360,  ive tried every single solution wireless or wired...i have an actiontec MI424wr current firmware,

keep getting that MTU incorrect error even tho i did reset it...i tried from 1364 to 1492....ive added the xbox in the router to open the xbox ports..(was a preset) have Universal plug n play on...looks like i am totally out of options..and looking at the googled question...with all the FIOS user that cant use XBOX im not alone..

also  where the HECK is the direct i want to talk to someone in bangladesh FIOS support number??

Thanks

Re: X BOX 360 unable to connect wired or wireless.. help?????????????
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes