appledaily.com.tw
ming1ai
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am havinng FiOS internet at home, for weeks, the Taiwan media/news site www.appledaily.com.tw is not accessible.

the site is running fine, I could browse it at work, from my cell phone 3G/LTE, but not with FiOS internet, even though I could ping the site without problem.

are you banning it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: appledaily.com.tw
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

it will self heal.  BUT you should be able to temporarily access it with a proxy. Go to https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/
and u can access it until you get a new ip address.

The best thing for you to do in my opinion is physically power off your router when you got to bed tonight. In the morning when you turn it on you will like get a new ip address and be able to access like normal.

If you can access the site through a proxy (like https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/), then that means that fios is providing you a clear path from point a to b.

So what's blocking you? Most of the time its the site itself blocking or banning the ip address you have. Not to any fault of your own probably. The ip addresses are shared between residential users, so whoever had your ip before you may have reeked havoc on their boards.

Its also possible that its something as simple as an out of date Bogon filter and a new ip would solve that too.

Remember they have a two to four hour lease time with their ip's.   so without calling them and asking that they release the ip address, you HAVE to leave the modem powered off for at least that amount of time.  anything less is too short and most likely will not work 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try changing your dns servers to open dns or google.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

it will self heal.  BUT you should be able to temporarily access it with a proxy. Go to https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

The best thing for you to do in my opinion is physically power off your router when you got to bed tonight. In the morning when you turn it on you will like get a new ip address and be able to access like normal.

If you can access the site through a proxy (like https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/), then that means that fios is providing you a clear path from point a to b.

So what's blocking you? Most of the time its the site itself blocking or banning the ip address you have. Not to any fault of your own probably. The ip addresses are shared between residential users, so whoever had your ip before you may have reeked havoc on their boards.

Its also possible that its something as simple as an out of date Bogon filter and a new ip would solve that too.

Remember they have a two to four hour lease time with their ip's.   so without calling them and asking that they release the ip address, you HAVE to leave the modem powered off for at least that amount of time.  anything less is too short and most likely will not work 

0 Likes
Jay089

I have the same issue, called tech support, they reset my modem and ONT outside the house, it sitll gets block, other solution?  I can access at work comcast network , or my iphone att network...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

What support did for you, would rarely if ever work.  You should follow the instructions from @dslr595148

@dslr595148 wrote:

0 Likes
vick926
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned router on/off 3 times and got different IPs. None of them worked. No more good IPs from Verizon?

0 Likes
dw779
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vick926 wrote:

I turned router on/off 3 times and got different IPs. None of them worked. No more good IPs from Verizon?

I had the same problem. The cause of the problem isn't so much your IP address (my Verizon FiOS IP address never changes). It's that the Verizon DNS server resolves appledaily.com.tw to some incorrect IP address (63.98.19.254) which resulted in server not found.

Once I changed DNS servers to use Goolgle DNS (8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary), I have no problem access this website anymore (IP resolved to 190.93.245.29, which is quite different from what Verizon DNS gives) . You can use any other public DNS server of your liking for this matter. I recall had same problem w/ another site and I believe was due to the same cause. Why Verizon DNS servers have this problem and why they have not fixed it is beyond me.

Kin_Yip1

I agree with what dw779 has said.  I've needed to change the DNS (at the modem/router, http://192.168.1.1, for the Wan pppoE) to opendns or google dns etc. before I can view appledaily.com.tw .

More than a month ago, I complained to Verizon and the technician even got into my laptop to probe around and tried various things.   At the end, after a lot of (my) patience, I convinced him that it's the Verizon's problem (with the DNS). He said that he'd "escalate" it.  But so far, the same problem remains.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

email to {edited for privacy}

no need for a vz guy, just send it to them directly

0 Likes
Kin_Yip1
Unfortunately, after sending a detailed email (including the transcript of debugging with the Verizon technical staff) to {edited for privacy} and suggesting adding "www.appledaily.com.tw" , I got a reply from {edited for privacy}

=====================================================================================
Please instruct Verizon customers to contact Verizon Technical Support to report DNS issues.  This address is not the correct place to report issues.

DNA DNS Administration

IP Systems Operations

{edited for privacy}

=====================================================================================

Kin Smiley Sad

0 Likes