are my Transceiver stats any good
2001kx

how do these look for fast path and higher speed? 5.0 speed maybe?

Transceiver Revision:     7.2.3.0     
Vendor ID Code:     4     
Line Mode:     G.DMT Mode     
Data Path:     Interleaved     

Transceiver Information     Downstream Path     Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)      2112                                      768
Margin (dB)                           21.0                                        9.0
Line Attenuation (dB)          50.5                                        31.5
Transmit Power (dBm)       15.9                                       11.8

0 Likes
Re: are my Transceiver stats any good
2001kx

here are my stats from the nid

Transceiver Revision:7.2.3.0 
Vendor ID Code:4 
Line Mode:G.DMT Mode 
Data Path:Interleaved 

Transceiver InformationDownstream PathUpstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2112768
Margin (dB)23.510.0
Line Attenuation (dB)51.531.5
Transmit Power (dBm)16.911.9
0 Likes
2001kx

ok i got my neighbor's trans stats (he just upgraded to 5.0 speed a few days ago)

when i try to get the 5.0 speed they say that i cant and 3.0 is the max?

i dont understand why??

my stats

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2112736
Margin (dB)16.010.0
Line Attenuation (dB)51.531.5
Transmit Power (dBm)16.511.8

neighbor stats

Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)4832736
Margin (dB)8.110.0
Line Attenuation (dB)51.331.5
Transmit Power (dBm)19.311.9
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Setting both your neighbors line and your line to 4Mbps/640kbps would work just fine with those statistics. The full 5Mbps/768kbps sync rates (5880/864) are too high for the lines to take, though.

0 Likes
2001kx

well i just got off the phone w/ verizon tech.

says my line cant support anything over 3mbps.

right now my speed test shows 1.71 mbps

what do they go off of when they say i cant get a higher speed?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely they are going off of a distance measurement taken by the computer system, which then goes into calculating a max speed. I don't believe such calculations factor in line condition of capability to be honest. Often times they go on the distance database and lock it as that right there. Plenty of ways to push for it, but the question is then, how would you get it done. In this case, I would stress to the rep on the other end that your line has very similar stats to a neighbor who is running at twice the speed on the download, and insist that you can support a 4Mbps connection. Work long enough at it and someone'll eventually budge and the request will be pushed through.

0 Likes
2001kx

i did tell the tech rep the info about our lines being able to handle 4mbps...also told him about my lin comparison with my neighbor.

he just kept repeating the same thing over and over " it shows your line can only handle 3.0 "

its hard to get anywhere with them...no matter what you say they just repeat the same thing over again.

should i be talking to a tech rep or should i try to call another department?

on a side note he did say he will have a network tech look at my speed only because i should be seeing around 3mbps

and my last speed test was 1.7mbps...maybe i will get a chance to talk to one of them..

my modem stats show my dsl speed as 2112 downstream does that mean im capped at that speed and can go NO higher without a change from verizon?

0 Likes
2001kx

well i managed to get a tech to come out to check my line on wednesday because im only getting around 2mbps when i should be getting 3mbps.

is this the guy i should question to try and get the 4mbps at my line?

i figured i would print out mine and my neighbor's trans stats to show him.

any suggestions on how to get him to look into this or do i need to just get lucky with the right tech?

i talked to a network tech on the phone and he said i could be on another loop and thats the reason i cant get the 4mbps that my neighbor gets...i told him that the Line Attenuation was only .2 difference so it should be basically the same loop? (am i correct here?)

he then just said we'll be out on wednesday and didnt answer me?

also i have been keeping an eye on my margins the last few days and it fluctuates from 21.5 - 10 at times on the downstream.

when i reset my modem i get the high readings but once it is on for a while it can go as low as 10 on the downstream..

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each DSL line requires it's own copper loop. As such, each loop may have different quality splicing, copper, or condition. Your lines are pretty close in comparison and a .5 difference in attenuation basically means you're about the same distance. Attenuation will vary based on line conditions so you two are right in the same ballpark. A speed of 2112kbps/640kbps is a default speed for Verizon's DSL service, so it isn't something set by ADSL due to noise on the line.

0 Likes
2001kx

ok the tech came out today and checked my line.

he said my line was crossed with another line and was pulling 40 volts from it (or something like that-lol)

well since this was fixed it looks like my stats are now worse? margin down is worse.

when i reboot my modem i get 23 on the downstream but after it is on for 15 mins it goes down to this.

also i did check it at the test jack on my pole but it didnt get any better.

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2112736
Margin (dB)9.59.0
Line Attenuation (dB)52.531.5
Transmit Power (dBm)16.711.8
0 Likes