buying a condo with FIOS box already at property
tfalco1

Hi,  I am looking into buying a condo in Plymouth, MA and in the listing is states the FIOS box stays?  Does this mean I would need to take over the previous tenants contract? Are people allowed to do this?? I just don't want to get stuck with their contract/bill nor do I want have to keep the channels/package they had.  I should I handle this???  Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: buying a condo with FIOS box already at property
jonjones1
Legend

@tfalco wrote:

Hi,  I am looking into buying a condo in Plymouth, MA and in the listing is states the FIOS box stays?  Does this mean I would need to take over the previous tenants contract? Are people allowed to do this?? I just don't want to get stuck with their contract/bill nor do I want have to keep the channels/package they had.  I should I handle this???  Any advice is appreciated.

All that means as a selling point, you have Verizon Fios already on your premise.

it means the ONT (optical network terminal) is just waiting for you to get new service IF YOU DESIRE IT. You are not taking over anything. 

When and if you would like to get Fios be it Internet, Tv and phone it is a simple flick a switch after they send you the router, and set top boxes and dial tone.

They may send a tech out to get you set up properly.

again you are not under any obligation to get Fios. Also make sure the previous owner of the condo had the service turned off and had paid the last invoice.