can't watch anything online that requires a login into verizon.
revgmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so basically if I try to watch anything for instance

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/tim-erics-bedtime-stories/roommates/

It asks me to login to Verizon, I do. Then it tells me "To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV."

Well I already have FIOS TV as is pretty obvious if you look at my acount.

Also half the time I get Java oracle server errors or just any kind of random error.

Why is this happening, can you please check your servers or whatever is broken on your end.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't watch anything online that requires a login into verizon.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of things that block it from recognizing a Verizon login.

• You need to be running flash
  • you need to accept third party cookies and flash needs to save third party info
  • You must not have the option set (e.g in I.E.) to delete Browser History on Exit.  Flash takes this as meaning every time you exit flash for a site, and needs to save that info to show you logged in.
  • You MAY have to Sign Out of Verizon's Web Site, so that the login for the Channel site works.

Essentially The mechanism uses flash and switches briefly to some Verizon pages that do the actual login and saves that info where it can be read by the channel site to confirm you have pay for that channel

And Yes you must be subscribed on Verizon for a package that includes that channel, and that info must be properly set in your Verizon profile.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, for this type of a problem you'll want to reach out to Verizon using the contact us form.

When you do a live chat - I would just ask them like this "Hi, I am trying to use the FiOS TV online website, and any show and any network I click on does not like my log in credentials. can you check to see what I should be using?  Today I am using the following username _______" thanks

then they will check and let you know what will work, and if they can fix it if it is a problem

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of things that block it from recognizing a Verizon login.

• You need to be running flash
  • you need to accept third party cookies and flash needs to save third party info
  • You must not have the option set (e.g in I.E.) to delete Browser History on Exit.  Flash takes this as meaning every time you exit flash for a site, and needs to save that info to show you logged in.
  • You MAY have to Sign Out of Verizon's Web Site, so that the login for the Channel site works.

Essentially The mechanism uses flash and switches briefly to some Verizon pages that do the actual login and saves that info where it can be read by the channel site to confirm you have pay for that channel

And Yes you must be subscribed on Verizon for a package that includes that channel, and that info must be properly set in your Verizon profile.

0 Likes
boiffman1

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I have been experiencing the same thing for months now. Usually I can log into Verizon first before attempting to log into a TV app using my Verizon credentials. That will bypass the "Shop Now" subscription required page.  However, with my Amazon Fire Stick, I have not been able to figure out a similar workaround. I can't log in first, and when I click "Shop Now" I get a blank white page and can't get any further. Beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes