cannot close page after fios installation [fios speed optimizer]
fidrat1958
Enthusiast - Level 1

i had a problem i could not close page after fios internet installation. thought this might help some one in the future if you run into same problem. after installing fios internet i tried to download fios speed optimizer. wen't by the directions of right clicking on internet explorer then run as administrater was supposed to click allow. but this never showed on my computer. [a hp s3713w windows vista home premium computer]. so i called fios tech support and i guess he never ran into this problem before. and i never thought about this till later. wll the tech got hp on the line for me because he believed it was in the computer. well hp wanted to charge me 50.00 to 100.00 to straighten out the problem because my warrenty ran out. so i was looking on the internet explorer site and saw that you could reset internet explorer. did this and it got rid of my problem

Re: cannot close page after fios installation [fios speed optimizer]
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Resetting IE often times does wonders. Many times it's just from a Plug-in messing things up. Other times it's something deep into IE that requires it to be reset.

0 Likes