cannot connect to the wireless on a Lenovo T420
barraj1

I cannot connect to my wireless interent at home, my wife's mac connects fine and my old laptop Dell connected fine.  I tried everything and nothing seems to be working... I've removed the network and tried to add it manually but nothing...

I have windows 7 ....

any help would be great!!

0 Likes
Re: cannot connect to the wireless on a Lenovo T420
xiangyu

I got the same issue, can still can`t figure out.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What wireless card does your Lenovo T420 have installed into it? I presume something from Intel correct? If you're not sure, follow these instructions to find out:

Go to Start > Right click on Computer and select Manage. In Manage, click on "Device Manager" on the left hand side of the page, then collapse the category "Network Adapters" on the right side pane. You can tell us each adapter you see here if you're not sure which one is the Wireless.

Also what router are you using?

0 Likes
smajak

My wife and I both have Lenovo ThinkPads for work and are having the same issue.  Mine is a T430.  Wireless on every other computer, TV, iPhone, iPad works fine.  It can see the network but just won't connect.  I have tried all kinds of security setting changes and nothing seems to work.  Very strange...and frustrating.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@smajak wrote:

My wife and I both have Lenovo ThinkPads for work and are having the same issue.  Mine is a T430.  Wireless on every other computer, TV, iPhone, iPad works fine.  It can see the network but just won't connect.  I have tried all kinds of security setting changes and nothing seems to work.  Very strange...and frustrating.

USe the latest driver from the wireless chipset manufacturer's website. ThinkPads typically come with Intel networking for Wireless, so use http://downloadcenter.intel.com to auto-detect your card and get an upgraded driver. The Lenovo ones tend to be at least a few revisions behind.

0 Likes