compatibility with consumer cellular?
jerryva

I have recently signed up with Verizon. I have had Consumer Cellular for  a long time. I recently upgraded my phone to a Motorola smartphone. I seem to be having some trouble getting to the internet from my smartphone. I do have a chrome browser and gmail acct. Consumer Cellular uses ATT's towers. Someone told me that Verizon does not work with ATT towers. Anyone else know? I may have to get a Verizon phone service also. Thanks. Jerry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: compatibility with consumer cellular?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  This is a place where customers of Verizon's fixed residential services such as FiOS, DSL and copper phone come to help each other.  Your question appears to be with Verizon's Wireless services.  You may have better luck with the Verizon Wireless customer forums.  You can find them here:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome/

Note that Verizon and AT&T are arch competitors that use different cellular technologies. Some phones are capable of working on both networks, some not.  You need to check the features of the specific model of phone you own.  Verizon Wireless may be able to help, but you need to visit their web site or stores.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: compatibility with consumer cellular?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  This is a place where customers of Verizon's fixed residential services such as FiOS, DSL and copper phone come to help each other.  Your question appears to be with Verizon's Wireless services.  You may have better luck with the Verizon Wireless customer forums.  You can find them here:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome/

Note that Verizon and AT&T are arch competitors that use different cellular technologies. Some phones are capable of working on both networks, some not.  You need to check the features of the specific model of phone you own.  Verizon Wireless may be able to help, but you need to visit their web site or stores.

Good Luck.

0 Likes