cut the cord
Kapowya

I need to cost the cost of Fios, does anyone know if just keeping your internet for steaming shows and getting rid of everything else. People are doing it. Has anyone had experience with doing this. It cuts your bill in half

0 Likes
Re: cut the cord
jonjones1
Legend

Depending on your speed tier, any speed over 15/1 is fast enough for internet only.

streaming tv and other streaming services is pretty cheap compared to all the taxes and fees associated with having tv and phone added on.

i use internet only, I use a streaming service for tv and for movies etc. just one price for internet with no taxes. However in NY Verizon adds a bogus municipal construction surcharge to move telephone poles on the bill. But other than that I save a gazillion dollars being internet only.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

t really depends on what content you want to watch.

If you like lots of live sports, live in an area where TV reception is poor or like tow atch shows like Walking Dead or other popular shows when they first come out, cutting the cord may not be for you.

Look at streaming options based on what features and shows you want.

It will be different for different subscribers.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

t really depends on what content you want to watch.

If you like lots of live sports, live in an area where TV reception is poor or like tow atch shows like Walking Dead or other popular shows when they first come out, cutting the cord may not be for you.

Look at streaming options based on what features and shows you want.

It will be different for different subscribers.

Problem with that is the cost associated with Fios tv and cable tv which are not cheap.

services like Hulu and others charge one price and it’s devoid of taxes and bogus administrative costs and bogus add on fees. So you can still pretty much get the same programming for 1/4 the cost per month.

so the original posters concern is that it is cheaper doing internet only. No sense paying more when you don’t have to.