disappointed
marie19721

Hello,

I am disappointed because we broke down and upgraded to the "best" router to improve buffering issues. However, our wi-fi range has lessened. Now my husband wants me to pay to get an extender. I noticed an xfinity add that says that they provide extenders along with their routers. Has anyone ever had that? Is paying $99 for a wifi extender with a quanton router with verizon still a better deal than what xfinity is boasting? 

0 Likes
Re: disappointed
jonjones1
Legend

I prefer to use a Netgear Nighthawk R8500 triband router. It is very expensive but I can pick up signal half way down my block. It’s a surbuan neighborhood so not really any blocking obstructions.

this maybe the better solution for you https://eero.com

and it can be setup in minutes and used with Verizon Quantum Gateway Router 

just remember after setup to turn off the Quantum crappy WiFi. It’s crappy because they are using internal antenna and not external for better distance and penetration.

the eero is expensive. But expandable. Or just go with the other provider who gives extenders for free. I like Fios internet it’s at present the best service available.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Oops I mis-stated. At that site the eero is not compatible with Fios. It names cable modems and certain isp’s 

Sorry for the miss-information 

0 Likes