dsl availability question.
needinternet
Enthusiast - Level 2
when I just moved into my apartment 1 year ago, verizon offer me dsl service when I called to move my new home phone to the new place. how come when I check the verizon website tonight and I got nothing? no fios or dsl? why would verizon offered me dsl service 1 year ago and not have it now? weird. just want to know why. as I am fed up with my cable isp and need a new one.
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dsl availability question.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can get a 4g mobile hotspot and then it will connect upto 4 or 5 devices,  I forget the exact number.  or on thursday the thunderbird is coming out and that is Verizon's first 4g LTE phone.      So I would expect after thursday you can see if they offer it. 

here is a 4g coverage map.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Dsl has limited space. Verizon can only supply x amount of customers in a given area due to rackspace and bandwidth. If you have neighbors that have it, then get their numbers or addresses and see if Verizon can do an engineering request. Maybe its a mistake. If the system says no, though, you will probably have a hard time getting it.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Id look into 4g if its available in your area. It will probably be faster than dsl.
needinternet
Enthusiast - Level 2
that was the same answer given to me by verizon tech support when i asked why. I hope fios will really cover entire nyc by 2012. time to give those cable companies some competition. do you mind telling me how to get 4g? isn't it for phones only? are you talking about the 4g wireless device that comes with 4g smart phones that verizon offers? I was hoping to get the 4-7mpbs dsl or fios 😞 I got nothing. with my current cable, I can't even watch youtube videos on the lowest quality smoothly due to huge slow down of the speed between 6-11pm. fios need to blanket nyc fast!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can get a 4g mobile hotspot and then it will connect upto 4 or 5 devices,  I forget the exact number.  or on thursday the thunderbird is coming out and that is Verizon's first 4g LTE phone.      So I would expect after thursday you can see if they offer it. 

here is a 4g coverage map.

needinternet
Enthusiast - Level 2
thanks alot for the info. 4g completely covers the entire nyc area it seems. need to find out what the plans are though. I will ask again after thursday.