dsl speed deliberate slow down
Clary1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay for 1184 kbits/sec. During part of the day Verizon cuts the speed in half. It is  deliberate I can tell .Its not caused by congestion because it does not very. Some times Verizon changes the duty cycle.

I have complained many times about this and they said they would get back to me and never have.

It seems like cheating to me when you don't adjust the price of dsl in half when signal drops in half.

And don't tell me its my PC or modem.Its not. Its Verizon cheating policy in my opinion.

0 Likes
Re: dsl speed deliberate slow down
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
Clary1
Enthusiast - Level 1

westell model327w. XP system

I don't think the Westell has a timer in it to lower download rate at certain times of the day or change the duty cycle.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Visit http://192.168.1.1/ , choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then press Transceiver Statistics. Post up the information you see there both during the time you have slower speeds, and during the time the DSL is working as it should. If you receive a Login Prompt, try one of the following combinations:

admin/password
admin/password1
admin/admin
admin/admin1
Your Verizon Username/Password

If you are not running Verizon-branded firmware on the 327w and are instead using Westell branded firmware, let us know. Otherwise, I doubt it is a deliberate slow-down by Verizon if it only occurs during the day. It could be more along the lines of a noise issue on the line that is only showing up during the day, which is what we're going to find out.